LHP has served many Indonesian and multinational coal and general mining companies operating in Indonesia and assist them in all aspects of the exploration and exploitation of their mining areas. LHP project experience extends from structuring and due diligence to drafting and negotiating documentation and licensing, such as:
- Advising on obtaining mining rights under contracts of work and IUPs as well as permitting, licensing and environmental matters;
- Structuring, including tax structuring analysis and advice as well as assistance in establishing mining service companies;
- Preparing legal consultants’ reports required for stock exchange listings of mining concerns and public offerings of their stock;
- Negotiating and drafting bankable off-take agreements and supply agreement including supply contracts involving coal-fired power plant operators and other supply chain participants;
- Preparing financing agreements for mine development and construction and related Indonesian security interest; and
- Advising on the acquisition on land and surface rights and compliance with forestry regulations.
We handle all corporate, environmental, labor, mining rights, tax, contract negotiation and dispute resolution matters for our mining, energy and other natural resources clients, as well as representing lenders in mine financing projects. We have long experience representing International and Indonesian clients with our experience solicitor in the mining sector, among others.